Not many people think about cockroaches in the homes this time of year. It is cold, you do not see too many of them in your home or backyard, so most people do not think that there is much point of having a pest control treatment until the weather gets warm again.
The health issues surrounding cockroaches are well documented and known. If you haven’t had a pest control treatment in your home in over 12 months, odds are that there will be cockroaches living in and around your home right now.
Why Should You Have Pest Control Treatments In Winter
Here are a few reasons why it is a good idea to have pest control treatments done now.
- Although you may not see them, cockroaches are still around. Every day we get into roof voids and sub-floors of homes whilst doing rodent inspections or termite inspections in Sydney and we see cockroaches in these areas. Cockroaches may make their way into your home while your asleep and leave little evidence that they were there. If you have not had pest control done at your place for over 12 months, you should book in a treatment now.
- We are over halfway through winter which means before you know it, spring will be here. Why wait until you start to see cockroaches to have them treated? Enviro-PCS can treat your home for these pests and will offer our Pest Control Service Warranty that will protect you right through the summer months. Just ask our friendly team when you call!
- German Cockroaches! If they find their way into your home in winter, they will still breed fast and become a big problem, even in winter. Their preferred environment is a residential or commercial kitchen, an area that pretty much has constant warmth, plenty of food and water. We still seeing homes, units and commercial businesses that have low to high German Cockroach infestations in the middle of winter!
- Modern treatment techniques and technologies backed by strong Service Warranties mean that your home can be treated in Winter and keep cockroaches from living in your roof, sub-floor, wall cavities and inside your home all year round.
- In several weeks’ time, everyone will be trying to book in their pest control treatments as from about the end of August into September is when Pest Control in Sydney starts to ramp up. It is quite common for customers not to be able to get their preferred appointment time or day simply due to demand.
How to Prevent Cockroach Infestations
- Keep your house or business clean. Good sanitation is the number one way to prevent most pests, including cockroaches.
- Don’t leave food out overnight. Wash dirty dishes daily. Wipe up crumbs and spilled food, even in cabinets and pantries. Clean kitchen counters with disinfectant spray every night. Cockroaches love grease and spilled food on, in, under, and behind your appliances.
- Store all food in sealed containers. Cockroaches can fit inside the openings of typical cardboard packages that food comes in.
- Empty the garbage bin regularly. Make sure your bins have tight fitting lids.
- Cockroaches are nocturnal and feed at night. Vacuuming the house regularly is ideal not only to remove spilled, crumbs and other potential cockroach food sources but also to remove cockroach feces, body parts, and egg cases.
- Seal up rid of entry points and cracks and crevices. Seal around pipes and cavities. Make sure windows and doors are secure and have weather-stripping if needed to stop pests sneaking under your doors.
- Remove anything cockroaches can use for shelter, such as stored cardboard and paper.
- Call a professional pest control technician If you think a cockroach problem or if you have not had any pest control inspections in more than 12 months.
Still Concerned About Pests?
If you think your concerned about potential cockroaches or any pest activity in your home Enviro-PCS staff and technicians are more than experienced to be able to advise and help you on what you can do to protect your property.
Every day, our people are performing pest control in Sydney and can easily pop into your place to provide some advice.